BGS Workshop: Sound Capture and Processing
Instructor: Steve Breslin
When: Tuesday, June 9 at 7 PM (1 session - 2 hours)
- $40 for non-members
- $24 for "Basic" members
- $20 for "Coworking" members
- $10 for "Dedicated" members
Payments will be taken at the door, and can be made with cash or credit card.
Location: Buffalo Game Space, Tri-Main Center, 2495 Main Street, Suite #454, Buffalo, NY 14214
In this session you will learn all about recording sound and preparing it for insertion into your project. We will have a basic USB-style microphone available for our various demonstrations, but please bring your own gear too. You’ll learn lots of interesting things about sound, and how to make your recordings sound good and technically solid.
- your earphones/earbuds
- your laptop if you have one, OR
- your audio-player of choice (e.g., your phone, or anything with a headphone jack that can download and play sound files off the internet)
- any digital recording gear you own, e.g., USB mic + laptop
- please also bring blankets and pillows, couch throw cushions, etc.
- Download: If you're bringing a laptop (recommended), you can download and install Audacity (free) ahead of time: http://web.audacityteam.org/download/
About the instructor:
Steve Breslin is a game writer, localization and voice recording expert, with a background in programming and design. He holds a Ph.D. in English Literature and has worked for several years in the games industry.